Assignment #23: Wrapped Object

  

This assignment had many challenging aspects. The concept of "wrapping something" originally puzzled me. My biggest challenge was coming up with what to wrap, and what to wrap it with. I started my wrapping my brother's face in tin foil, it was unsuccessful so I resorted to my second option. I am very happy with the way the wrapped heel turned out. I feel my biggest success from this project was the angle and lighting of the first image. Christo and Jeanne-Claude's work inspired me through their unique ideas. I still do not quite understand their work, but I do find it very intriguing. They are very creative thinkers with bold ideas. I believe they call their work landscapes because because they cover objects in a wide and horizontal way. In addition, they capture the bigger picture by wrapping the object and being able to analyze parts of it you would not notice in a "normal" photograph. This project has allowed me to think creatively think.

Comments

  1. Interesting. This reminds me of the "edgy", high fashion photography of the 80's...way before your time.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts