Assignment #15: Light...when it's right it's right


1/250 sec, f/8, ISO 100
I softened the contrast to get the petals on the edge lighter. I also added some exposure to have the light seeking through even more.

1/80 sec, f/11, ISO 400
I added highlight to add a bit more light behind the trees. I darkened the shadows to ensure the trees were shown as shadows.


1/250 sec, f/4, ISO 400
I added contrast to make the tree's features distinct. I added exposure to make the background completely white.

The hardest part of the assignment was finding three distinct light sources. The way I did this was through different times of day/weather patterns. In the first photo, it was a very sunny day, with the sun glaring. The second photo is at night time. The third photo was on a day when it was foggy, which allowed for the white background.
The most interesting part of the assignment was capturing my second photo, the one at night. I captured this when the sun was setting and made the camera setting a certain way to darken the sky. I was able to get the effect of it being completely dark, without waiting until it was pitch black out, with no light to work with.
I think the first image, with the sunflower, was the most successful. I captured it at the perfect moment, with the sun shining through. The other part I like is that I put a piece of glass behind the flower, which put the rainbow light on the flower. With the time of day, the sun hit the flower so that t the edge petals had a softer tone. Overall, I really enjoy this image.

Comments

  1. Wonderful - and the comments were very well thought out. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts